Sunday, July 26, 2009

The BIG 3-0 is closing in...

My 30th birthday is growing near. I'm not really freaking out about saying good-bye to my 20's as much as I'm in a state of "WTF am I doing?" It's tough to swallow that I'm in such a weird place, nowhere that I envisioned I would be if you asked me 10 years ago, that's for sure. I'm taking it day by day and hope that I will be where I want soon.

I try to remind myself that I'm not alone and many people are in this weird state of flux as well. I have a supportive family, a few close friends I can count on, two adorable dogs and a cuddle-bug cat whom need me and keep me going, a decent job with good people, and a roof over my head (even if it's a shared space and not my own).

Speaking of great things...my parents totally rock! They really want me to be happy and enjoy myself for my birthday...so they are sending me and one of my closest girlfriends on a 5-night cruise to Mexico! We are leaving from San Diego on August the 8th and spending two days in Cabo San Lucas! I've never been to Mexico so it will be fun.

My friend and I are both single, young and I know we are going to have a blast! I will certainly be making use of my language skills on this trip! And this may be an odd opportunity for translation as well...My friend is Deaf, we may encounter Spanish-speaking people as well (but probably not a high probability being that we are going to a big tourist location! lol)....never the less, it'll be fun. I get to talk shit with my girl in sign language and most won't have a clue! ;-)

I'll be back in San Diego with my friend on the 13th, the day after my birthday and I will fly home the next day...just in time to be home for my mom's birthday on the 15th. Good times and a nice week long break from work....CAN'T WAIT!!!!

No comments: