Friday, February 27, 2009

Crossing my fingers

Finally after 2 months of searching, soliciting and applying...I had a job interview! It went well, got to check out the school and meet some kids...one classroom shared their snack with me, tuna sandwich! lol

There are no health benefits available with this job. However there is an upside...besides the obvious income that has been missing for so long! The school is about 10 minutes away from my house!!!! For a gal who struggles with getting up early in the morning, has trouble getting her a** out the door and lives in a city with too many cars crawling to work every day on the parking lot they call Highway 4......This is awsome!

Last time I had a job that was so close to home was in Chico! Coincidentially, this school's program is set up the same way as the program in Chico. Half-day programs, working hours are 7:30 am to 4:30 pm. Although this program is so much better! Instead of a mere hour between the morning and afternoon program...30 minutes of which is lunch time....there is 2 hours! Talk about a relief for teachers! Prep time is so valuable and difficult to come by.

Props to my youngest nephew's former preschool teacher for putting in a good word with the director and giving me the heads up about the position as soon as it opened up!

Cross your fingers....I go in on Monday for a couple hours to hang out. Perhaps I will know by the end of next week if I have a job...or better yet, Monday! :-)

No comments: