Friday, April 10, 2009

An all-nighter, a red-eye...and I'm off!

It's just after 1:00 a.m. At 4:20 a.m. I leave my house to go pick up my friend from work, Yuliana. Then we head off to the Oakland airport. We are both leaving the airport at about the same time, but headed in opposite directions. She is going to New York and I am off to Maui! Talk about opposites....cold and warm, rainy and sunny, layers and bikinis. Ha Ha!

Since I have to get going so early....I figured I'd be better off not going to bed. If you know me at all, you know getting me to wake up is like pulling teeth! I'd rather just lean up on the window and kink my neck a little on the plane ride than oversleep and feel rushed. Not only is Yuliana a very "punctual" person....but my parents are very scheduled...I'm not interested in getting rushed and hassled the day I start my vacation!

I dropped Timber off at dog day care after work. I decided this week to have him spend a night during the week in addition to his two days of day care. He did really well...so I'm told. Dropping him off, I could see he felt comfortable, so I feel good about leaving him there for the duration. I miss having the big baby laying at my feet as I play on the computer though. I wonder how many times I will be compelled to call and check on him while I'm off the mainland. We'll see...

Two hours until the folks wake up to get started on showering, packing last minute items and loading up the Pilot to get Yuliana and drive out to Oakland....then we will go through the motions of Airport Check-in, Airport Security, blah, blah blah....and then some Starbucks and munchies until we shuffle like cattle onto the plane!

No comments: