Saturday, March 20, 2010

Jade gets spayed

The decision to spay Jade was very difficult. I delayed the surgery for months weighing the pros and cons to having her maintain her ability to have puppies. At the age of 10 months (64 lbs) I finally made the appointment to have her fixed.

When the day to drop her off at the vet arrived, I was so grateful to have my dad available to drop her off. I knew that it would have been impossible to walk her through that door, much less drive her to the clinic. Breaks my heart.

Here's my sweet girl on the ride home before wearing the "Cone of Shame"
Rarely does this little girl make a peep, but on the ride home, she was whimpering very quietly...made me want to cry....


The moment we got home, Timber was eager to be by her side and smothered her in kisses...

Awkward and uncomfortable in her Cone of Shame...





1 comment:

Oh! The Places I Have Been said...

Poor thing...Gracie was spayed when I got her...I am so glad I didn't have to do that!