Saturday, November 14, 2009

Baby Jade is 6 months

Jade is 6 months old today. She is approximately 55 pounds and nearly as tall as Timber! I can't believe how quickly she is growing. She is very feisty and full of energy at home. In public and at the dog park, she is very shy and a real push-over. She is just like her mom when Mama Jade was her age. If she continues to be like her mom, it'll be a long time before she calms down, but she 's a good girl.

Mama Jade had her first heat cycle at about 7 months and I have a feeling Jade is about to get her first...she is showing some of the physical signs. I'm at quite a crossroads with this issue. As much as I'd like Timber and Jade to breed one day, it's not easy to find quality homes, raising puppies is a lot of work and keeping the two apart during these times of heat for the next couple years will not be easy. I have a way to separate them physically with the outdoor kennel, but curbing the behavior that will result will not be easy. My quandary continues...











No comments: